Welcome to School Health 101. This interactive learning outlines the value of education and public health collaborations to improve health outcomes in schools.
Learning Objectives: As a result of completing the learning module, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- Why is the education sector a key public health partner for advancing children's health?
- What is educational governance and how can it function in concert with public health?
- What are some key federal rules and regulations that govern school health?
- What are potential strategies for advancing school health?
- A navigation box is located on the right-hand side of the screen and contains arrows to advance to the next lesson or return to a previous lesson. Before advancing, but after you have completed the lesson, select "Mark Completed" under the navigation box.
- Any additional materials and resources are posted under the navigation box under Lesson Files and Lesson Links.
- You also have the option of viewing each lesson in FullScreen mode. To close the FullScreen mode and access the lesson files and links or navigate to the next lesson, select the escape key (Esc).
Supported Browsers: When accessing this course, please be sure to use the most updated version of one of the browsers identified below. This course is not supported on any version of the Internet Explorer browser. You may need to enable pop-ups to view the lessons.
Windows: Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox.
Apple MacOS: Safari 3.0 or higher, Microsoft edge, Google Chrome, Firefox.
To begin the course, select the top lesson from the lesson bar(s) below.